Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Second Window Fitted - Oops!


You can see the full story about the windows at the old blog site:

http://kamala.blog.com/

The second window (port front) was fitted in conditions similar to the first, i.e. freezing cold, easterly wind howling through the harbour entrance straight onto the nose of Kamala.

Everything went really smoothly and seemed to go a lot quicker second time around...a little too quickly. The first time I must have held the window curved to the shape of the boat as I fitted the screws. This time I left it to the screws a little too much as I added them and a tiny crack appeared in the window, which quickly grew. When I left the boat it was about 10cm. Next time I went to the boat it was right the way across the window.


No comments:

Post a Comment