Friday, September 18, 2009

In for the Winter

Tonight I cycled down after work and brought Kamala in to her Winter berth in the inner harbour. It was a balmy evening and I fancied swimming out to get her, given the waterlogged state of the dinghy.

I had earlier picked up the new genoa from the post office so was pretty laden, with changes of clothes, swimming gear, sailing shoes etc.

Friends who have a rather fancy cruising RIB were walking down to the harbour and offered me the use of their dinghy. I readily accepted when I saw the chop from the easterly kicking up around the outer moorings. The bluff front of their dinghy and the wheels built into the hull made rowing seem like hard work.


The new genoa needs a thicker luff rope and so couldn't be fitted straightaway.

On this same evening, there was an unveiling of a new memorial stone to mark the sailors from St Aubin who went to the Gaspe peninsular.

No comments:

Post a Comment