Saturday, April 30, 2011

St Aubin Boat Jumble

From my point of view, this was a great success again. Managed to get plenty of bargains. The start time was meant to be 10am but it seems that if you want the best stuff you have to be there before 9am. Might as well just make it a 9am start next time.

My top buy had to be a 5" brass porthole, complete with backing plate. I'd like to fit it to Kamala but if it turns out to be too small I can sell it on ebay and recoup the cost of EVERYTHING I bought at the sale which was:

5" Brass Porthole
A HUGE yellow mooring buoy.
A pair of 7' wooden oars for the wooden dinghy.
A new and unused child's lifejacket.
A foam beach cricket set
Some meaty chain to upgrade my outer mooring
A signed copy of Secret Anchorages of Brittany by Peter Cumberlidge
An RYA Competent Crew handbook


All for less than £50.

Wish I'd bought the other two portholes to sell on ebay.


My favourite moment was seeing a trailer load of seagull engines go for £80!

I'm busy polishing up the porthole and it looks amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment