Saturday, October 31, 2009

FInal Sail of 2009

This afternoon, HT was at 16:42, 9.8m; plenty enough to get in and out, only hampered by the early onset of darkness. There was more water than I expected so I rowed out and soon had the motor on and sails up ready to go.

As I was leaving home Windy Wendy had 9-11 knots at St Helier Pierheads but there was much less than this once I got out. Still had a good time and got Ollie the Autopilot earning his keep too.

As I was coming in due to the lateness of the our, Nicki and Helier were just taking 'Og' out for a short run. The advantage of having lights nav lights, I guess.

In rapidly increasing darkness I managed to partly 'winterise' Kamala, ready for the gales to come next week. I took off the sails and removed any rope that could be brought in. Next season will need a new mainsheet and a new main halyard at the very least.

By the time I left it was 5:30 and totally dark, but St Aubins is a beautifully lit area so finding my way to a slipway was easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment