Monday, October 5, 2009

New Dinghy (Work in Progress)

Having dumped my old GRP dinghy, I need a replacement.

I got the plans from Stanley Small Craft for a Rye Bay 8 for £15 (sailing version). Can't remember where I found the website from now but its at

http://www.stanleysmallcraft.co.uk

I was looking at either a Catspaw 8 from B&B Yacht Designs or something from Glen-L, both of which were over £50 just for the plans, when I came across this one.

Paul at SSC is super helpful and the plans arrive by email.

I made a model from the plans out of cardboard, and I like the way it looks.





 Will be ordering the ply and epoxy soon. Hopefully locally sourced if the price is right. I'll do a new blog of the build.

Meanwhile, thanks to Nicky and the Crew of 'Og' who have given me access rights to their piece of tupperware while I make my tender over the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment