Thursday, August 6, 2009

Auction Bargains?

I went up to the auction at glencoe today to see how my car might fair next week. I promised that I wouldn't spend any money, but....

There was a pallet with a few fenders and some stainless ladders, and the clincher was a hinged outboard bracket which I know will get a good price elsewhere.

Anyway, I got the lot for £33 and sold the stainless ladders to my rival bidder for £5. Turned out to be three serviceable buoyancy aids, one of which is much better than mine so I'll keep it and give th e others away. The real reason for buying was the fenders and I ended up with about a dozen, some of which are brand new. Also a 4kg grapnel anchor with chain and miles of polyprop rope.

Anybody want to buy an outboard bracket?

No comments:

Post a Comment