Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Guardwires #1 - taking off the old

I popped down tonight as the tide was going out to remove the rusted, saggy old guardwires currently maintaining safety aboard Kamala.

She was still floating when I got down but she only draws 0.7m. As soon as she was touching bottom I knew I could wade out there without getting too wet. Had a nice hot chocolate.

I have about 14m of 6mm stainless rigging wire that I picked up at the auctions for a few quid years ago. Been looking for a use for it all this time. Turn out it is actually worth something after all.

Jackson's are going to cut it and add eyes for me to use as guard wire.

I picked up a laser sail at the same auction for £5 and sold it on ebay for £12o. It paid for everything else I bought that day and then some!

No comments:

Post a Comment